- Mercedes-Benz, van V tot SLC.
By Robert Scheerboom, Uitgeverij de Alk B.V., ISBN: 90-6013-053-7.
A Dutch book that has given me some valuable information about all the Heckflossen models.
Besides that, this book gives also a lot of information from the 170V (W136) to the 500SLC
- Das grosse Mercedes Heckflosse Buch.
By Matthias Rocke, HEEL Verlag, ISBN: 3-89365-508-5.
Lots of pictures and info in German language, also included is a list of Heckflosse
modelcars. Unfortunately only the Coupés and Convertibles that were produced alongside
the 4 door sedans are mentioned, that leaves out the 280SE and 280SE 3.5 models.
- Mercedes-Benz Cabriolets, vom 170 und 220 bis zum 280SE 3,5 V8.
By Halwart Schrader, Schrader-Motor-Chronik, ISBN: 3-613-87077-0.
A small book but lots of pictures and photos. Unfortunately, like the title says, only the
Convertibles are mentioned in this book.
- Essential Mercedes Coupés, Cabriolets & Saloons 53-67. 'Ponton' and
'Fintail' models from 180D to 300SE.
By James Taylor, Bay View Books, ISBN: 1-901432-00-9.
Not only does the author tells us about the Heckflossen, his predecessors (the W105, W120,
W121, W128 and W180) are also pictured in this book. In English. Again, just the Coupés
and Convertibles that were produced alongside the 4 door sedans are mentioned so no 280SE
and 280SE 3.5.
- Mercedes-Benz Ponton und Heckflosse, Die Autos und ihre Geschichte 1953 - 1967.
By Joachim Lederer, Motorbuch Verlag, ISBN: 3-613-01832-2.
In detail this book is the same as 'Essential Mercedes Coupés, Cabriolets & Saloons
53-67' but in the German language.
- The Mercedes-Benz since 1945, Volume 2: The 1960s including 600s and new
By James Taylor, Motorbooks International, ISBN: 0-900549-96-3.
Not only its predecessors but also its successor, the W108 and the W114 and W115 (Strich
8) find a place in this book. This book mentions all the Coupés and Convertibles.
- Die S-klasse von Mercedes-Benz, Von der Kultur des Fahrens.
Heribert Hofner, Bechtermünz Verlag, ISBN:3-86047-589-4.
This book deals with the history of the S-class cars of Mercedes-Benz starting with the
pre-war cars and ending with the W140. A whole chapter is dedicated to the Mercedes
Heckflosse. There are many beautiful pictures throughout the book including a complete
list of details of the S cars and of, yes, all Coupés and Convertibles. In German
- Mercedes-Benz Production Models, 1946-1975
By W. Robert Nitske, Motorbooks International, ISBN: 0-87938-047-0.
A great book by the well known writer Nitske, gives lots of detailed information in